Fancy a dip in a hot spring? Sunsets on white-sand beaches? Wakeboarding at the foot of Mount Fuji? A stroll in a bamboo grove, or sitting zazen? Stellar Japanese cuisine? With new Marriott hotels opening this summer in five exciting destinations across Japan, now is your chance to plan and win your dream vacation at one of the resorts below.
Explore japatabi.com for ideas and tell us your dream getaway!
• Karuizawa Marriott Hotel (Nagano)
• Nanki-Shirahama Marriott Hotel (Wakayama)
• Fuji Marriott Hotel Lake Yamanaka (Yamanashi)
• Izu Marriott Hotel Shuzenji (Shizuoka)
• Lake Biwa Marriott Hotel (Shiga)
I want to make a carefree young artist's journey to Karuizawa, a place brimming with European-style elegance. I would take a leisurely stroll around Kumoba Pond with a Rent-a-cycle bike, go to the old Karuizawa Ginza-dori, a street whose shopping scene and retro historical atmosphere are in perfect harmony, and then I would imagine myself walking along the same street and visiting the same stores as John Lennon. I would see the Stone Church, visit the Karuizawa Picturebook Museum, the Karuizawa Erz Toy Museum, the Hiroshi Senju Museum, and so on.
Wasabi is an indispensable piece of the Japanese cuisine, but it is almost impossible to have natural fresh Wasabi in the United States, except for few authentic Japanese restaurants. Izu is the best place to get Wasabi - there are local Wasabi farms here! I would love to try both the classic cuisine, Soba noodles with fresh Wasabi, and newly invented Ice cream with Wasabi.
We'll spend our first day viewing Mt. Fuji from Hananomiyako Park near Yamanakako while enjoying the park's seasonal flowers, then take a Kaba bus ride from Yamanakako and experience the view of Mt. Fuji from the lake! If we're lucky, we may be able to see an upside-down Fuji reflecting in the lake. On the second day we'll wake up early, drive up to Mt. Fuji's fifth level, and start climbing from there. My children are only in Kindergarten and their fourth year of elementary school, making climbing to the summit an impossible feat, but our plan is to climb to the seventh level, rest at the rest area stationed there, and then start climbing down.
I really want to set off from Otsuko and tour around Okishima Island, the Oki no Shiraishi rocks, Chikubushima Island, and Takeshima Island. I would also love to take a tour on the inhabited island of Okishima and the Oki no Shiraishi rocks. I want to take a grown-up journey to Lake Biwa and get the full experience of Japan's greatest lake.
I want to swim and have my picture taken within the waters of Nanki-Shirahama, a beautiful beach said to be exceptionally translucent. I've taken photos of my friends while snorkeling in other countries, but I have not been able to take any nice pictures in Japanese waters. Off the coast of Nanki-Shirahama I'm sure that I'll be able to take some beautiful underwater photos (and hire a professional cameraman!), and if possible I really want to put on a single-fin/mermaid costume and leave behind a commemorative beach photo of my 30-year-old self! I really hope to have an amazingly instagenic photo taken of me on the beach--something I can be proud of!
Complimentary five-night stay for four at that destination’s Marriott hotel, with winning itinerary expenses paid
Round-trip transport to and from the hotel, personal expenses incurred at the property (including but not limited to meals, drinks, shop purchases, and spa treatments), charges unrelated to the grand-prize itinerary, extensions of stay and additional guests are not covered. Details regarding the winning itinerary will be decided in consultation between JapaTabi and the winner.
One-night stay for two with dinner and breakfast for the first, second, third and fourth runners-up
The names of all those who voted will be placed in a blind-draw lottery to win one of five vouchers for a one-night stay for two at either Courtyard by Marriott Tokyo Station or Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station.
The grand-prize winner will be announced on japatabi.com in early September, 2017. Notification of all other prizes will be made directly to the winning party using the email address provided at the time of application. If contact cannot be established within a reasonable amount of time, the prize will be nullified. Grand-prize winners must be willing to have photographs of their experience published on japatabi.com.
• The content of your entry may be used by the Company for promotional and advertising purposes in printed matter, web media and product preparation.
• If the Company determines that the content of the work you enter falls under any of the following, the Company can exclude the work from publication or from the screening process without providing you with any kind of notice.
（1）The work violates these Entry Rules, etc.
（2）The work is offensive to public order and morals or may possibly be offensive to public order and morals.
（3）The work infringes the rights of a third party or may possibly infringe such rights.
（4）The work slanders a third party, violates the privacy of a third party, or may possibly slander or violate the privacy of a third party.
（5）The work violates laws and regulations, is connected to criminal acts, or may possibly be the aforementioned.
（6）The content of the work is such that the Company determines it does not match the intent, etc., of this campaign.
（7）The work interferes with the proper operation of this campaign, or may possibly interfere with such.
（8）There are flaws to the entered content.
• We cannot respond to any inquires confirming your entry, or in relation to screening results.
• Note that the rights gained by a win cannot be transferred to another person, exchanged for cash, resold to a third party, or its content changed.
• The Company is not liable in any way or form for any problems, damages (direct or indirect), etc., that may arise to the entrant.
• Internet connection fees and communication fees related to entering the work to this campaign will be borne by the entrant.
• Note that the content of this campaign may change or be terminated without any advance warning.
• The handling of personal information: The personal information you submit will be used by the Mori Trust Group’s hotel business, eating and drinking business, travel business, weddings and funeral businesses, real estate rental and management business, and financial instruments business for the purpose of product shipment, sending information related to products and providing related after-sales services.